This is a simple weeknight meal you can make in 10 minutes or less! Making the sauce earlier saves even more time.
1 package of spinach and ricotta ravioli
1 cup cashews (I use dry roasted)
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup fresh chopped basil, plus more for topping
3 tbsp nutritional yeast or grated Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
Handful of arugula or spinach for topping (optional)
1. Fill a large pot with water, add salt and bring to a boil.
2. Once water is boiling, add your ravioli and cook in accordance to the package directions.
3. Blend together cashews in a high-speed blender to develop a powder. (This makes it easier to blend later.)
4. Once the cashews are blended, add the rest of the ingredients and blend on high speed. Scrape the sides if you need to in between blending to ensure all ingredients are mixed together.
5. Drain your ravioli and add your desired amount of pasta sauce. Add desired toppings (I usually add arugula, more nutritional yeast or Parmesan, a bit of chopped basil and an extra sprinkling of salt) and enjoy
Published in Volume 76, Number 24 of The Uniter (April 7, 2022)