The Uniter is seeking an outgoing and organized individual to intake, mentor and train volunteer contributors. This individual will also be responsible for organizing and coordinating classroom presentations and leading writing workshops and seminars.
Successful candidates should have a working knowledge of The Uniter and Mouseland Press and at least one year of writing experience and an understanding of CP style. They should be available for an hour on Wednesdays as well as select evenings throughout each month during the regular academic year (late-August to early December/January to April). They should also be available to attend editorial meetings at least once a month.
This position is expected to take 5 to 6 hours/week and pays $95/week. The volunteer coordinator will begin their term in mid-late August.
- Must demonstrate a proficiency in CP style
- Must have at least one year’s study in rhetoric or equivalent experience
- Experience editing is an asset
- Experience in mentorship, recruitment and outreach is an asset
- Training and experience in EAL is an asset
- Experience preparing and leading public presentations an asset
- Experience working with and presenting to a board an asset
- Promoting and leading weekly volunteer workshops
- Following up and communicating with existing volunteers
- Liaising with section editors and ensuring all sections have adequate representation from contributors
- Continually developing a volunteer contributor mandate, including the completion of a work plan at the beginning of the specified term and a final report at the end of the specified term;
- Working in conjunction with the Business Manager and Managing Editor to ensure all contributors have signed all necessary documents
- Preparing and coordinating classroom presentations with editorial team
- Must attend editorial board and staff meetings
Please submit a resume, cover letter and two writing samples (maximum length for each: one page, single-spaced) to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Volunteer coordinator” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted.
THE UNITER IS SEEKING BOARD MEMBERS TO JOIN OUR BOARD
We are seeking new members to join the Mouseland Press inc. Board that has the responsibility to oversee the affairs of The Uniter. Anyone who is familiar with The Uniter is welcome to express interest by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. We especially welcome applications from Indigenous peoples, women, racialized persons, 2SLGBTQ+ persons, and persons living with a disability(s).
*Mouseland Press strives to be an equitable employer and will prioritize qualified applicants who belong to marginalized groups. Qualified applicants who study at or are alumni of The University of Winnipeg will also be given priority*