Study Skills Workshops: Advice & Tips for Academic Success
Study Skills Workshops are designed to improve your learning skills and help you achieve your academic goals.
Workshops run Mondays and Wednesdays from 12:30 to 1:20 pm, in-person and via Zoom. Upcoming topics are:
- Writing in Style: Tips for Writing Academic Essays Mon., Sept. 26
- Acing your Exams: Memory and Test-taking Strategies Wed., Sept. 28
- Secrets to Success: Goal Setting & Time Management
- RESCHEDULED to Mon., Oct 3 (was originally Mon., Sept. 19)
For details and to register, please see: www.uwinnipeg.ca/academic-advising/study-skills-workshops.html
Career Chats on Instagram
Drop in for Career Chats - live sessions on Instagram that feature advice from an employer or other career-related expert. Hosted by the Academic and Career Services Dept., these live sessions take place every other Thursday at 11:00 am on UWinnipeg Instagram. Upcoming speakers:
- Sep 29 at 11:00 am with Gloria Dovoh from Volunteer Manitoba
- Oct 13 at 11:00 am with Ali Raza from UWinnipeg’s International, Immigrant and Refugee Student Services (IIRSS)
- Oct 27 at 11:00 am guest TBD
- Nov 10 at 11:00 am with Alisha Nickel from enVision
Apply Now for Fall/Winter Awards
The online application for Fall/Winter 2022-23 In-Course Awards, Bursaries, and Scholarships (for current students) is now open.
Deadline: Oct. 1, 2022
Apply now! Go to: www.uwinnipeg.ca/awards
Join us for the in-person Volunteer Fair on Oct. 5 & 6 from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm in Riddell Hall Atrium. This two-day event is your opportunity to meet with a wide variety of charities and non-profit organizations. Volunteering is a great way to gain work experience and develop useful contacts; it’s also a way to try to new things, have fun and give back!
Webinar Wednesdays is back this fall with valuable strategies and tips to help you succeed at UWinnipeg.
Student Services staff cover a wide variety of topics – see below – in weekly lunch-hour sessions (12:30 to 1:00 pm). And this year you get to choose whether to attend the sessions via Zoom or in-person!
Topics/Dates for Webinar Wednesdays - Fall Term 2022:
- Seeking Academic Accommodations and Registering with Accessibility Services – Oct. 5
- The Work-Study Program – Oct. 19
- How to Choose and Declare (or Change) Your Major – Oct. 26
- Travel the World: Undergraduate Exchange Opportunities – Nov. 2
- To Drop or Not to Drop – Nov. 9
- Enhance your Resume - Become a Volunteer Note-taker with Accessibility Services – Nov. 16
- Finding a Balance: Using “Wise Mind” to Help You Thrive – Nov.23
- Expand Your Career Potential with a Master’s Degree – Nov. 30
- Preparing for Winter Term – Dec. 7
Find out more and sign up here: www.uwinnipeg.ca/student-services/webinar-wednesdays.html
Use the myVisit App
Need some help from staff in Student Central and/or Academic & Career Services? Download the myVisit app today. The myVisit app enables students to add themselves to a virtual line for drop-in Zoom sessions at Student Central. The app can also be used to book appointments for a Zoom or in-person meeting with a student central staff member or an academic or career advisor. Appointments with advisors can also be booked through the website: www. myvisit.com.
Published in Volume 77, Number 03 of The Uniter (September 22, 2022)