1. Go out for (or make your own) food
2. Go to the movies
3. Skate or walk the River Trail
1. Ming Hon
2. Carol-Ann Bohrn
3. Ella Steele
1. Issa Kixen
2. Riva Billows
3. Dana Smith / Tyler Penner (tie)
1. Renée Girard (Harth Mozza and Wine Bar)
2. Ana Damaskin (Capital Grill & Bar)
3. Chris Gama (Clementine) / Christa Bruneau-Guenther (Feast) / Pamela Kirkpatrick (Forth) (tie)
1. Cora Wiens (Eadha Bread)
2. Quinn McMurray (Oma's Bakery) / Suzanne Gessler (Pennyloaf Bakery) / Oh Doughnuts (tie)
1. Desiree Scott
2. Justine Kolody / Nikolaj Ehlers (tie)
1. Begonia - Fear
2. Yes We Mystic - Ten Seated Figures
3. Jamboree - Melt / Living Hour - Softer Faces / Taylor Janzen - Shouting Matches (tie)
1. Leah Gazan
2. Sadie-Phoenix Lavoie / Victoria Redsun (tie)
3. Lena Andres
Favourite political moment
1. Leah Gazan’s campaign, nomination and election
2. Climate strike
3. Uzoma Asagwara's election
1. Ashley Bieniarz
2. Adam Fuhr / Satina Loren (tie)
3. Sadie-Phoenix Lavoie
1. Fred Penner
2. Elder Albert McLeod
3. Fred Dugdale
This week’s issue of The Uniter is our special themed issue for the Uniter 30!
I always expected that by now I would be thriving in my career as an author. I can almost picture myself signing books and giving profound talks and presentations.
Alyson Brickey teaches English courses on a wide variety of topics at the University of Winnipeg (U of W). But even as someone with many diverse areas of expertise in the field, it was never a given that she would end up as a professor.
The University of Winnipeg (U of W) Department of Theatre and Film is putting on its first show of this season later this month.
On Nov. 4, the Standing Policy Committee on Infrastructure of the City of Winnipeg voted to move forward with the recommendations of a report outlining changes to the Winnipeg Transit U-Pass.
The Manitoboggan, a toboggan sledding structure in St. Vital Park designed by Public City Architecture, was awarded the International Olympic Committee and the International Association for Sports and Leisure Facilities Bronze Award and the International Paralympic Committee and International Association for Sports and Leisure Facilities Distinction Awards on Nov. 5 at a ceremony in Germany.
In an email statement, a representative for the City of Winnipeg says “The City of Winnipeg is committed to reducing the amount of nutrients we release to our rivers and lakes, including Lake Winnipeg.” Daniel Gladu Kanu is not so sure.
German-Indigenous relations // Soccer camps for girls // New exhibit in archives // Gifts for holiday dinner // Community forum discusses transit
Catherine McKercher has very few early memories of her brother Bill, other than the fact that he had a wonderful laugh.
On Nov. 22, the Wilderness Committee hosts its annual Climate Fall Supper.