The Webinar Wednesdays series is back this fall with valuable strategies and tips to help you succeed at UWinnipeg.
Staff from Student Services cover a wide variety of topics – see below – in weekly lunch-hour sessions (12:30 to 1:00 pm). And this year you get to choose whether to attend the sessions via Zoom or in-person!
Topics/Dates for Webinar Wednesdays - Fall Term 2022:
- How to Choose and Declare (or Change) Your Major – Oct. 26
- Travel the World: Undergraduate Exchange Opportunities – Nov. 2
- To Drop or Not to Drop – Nov. 9
- Enhance your Resume - Become a Volunteer Note-taker with Accessibility Services – Nov. 16
- Finding a Balance: Using “Wise Mind” to Help You Thrive – Nov. 23
- Expand Your Career Potential with a Master’s Degree – Nov. 30
- Preparing for Winter Term – Dec. 7
Find out more and sign up here: www.uwinnipeg.ca/student-services/webinar-wednesdays.html.
Are you a UWinnipeg student who wants to explore the world? Studying in another country offers students the unique opportunity to attend another university for one or two terms, while retaining UWinnipeg student status. Find out more at an info session:
Zoom info session Oct. 26, 12:30- 1:20 pm (contact Natalie Brennan for the Zoom link)
More info here: www.uwinnipeg.ca/study-abroad/ information-sessions.html.
Career Chats on Instagram
Drop in for Career Chats - live sessions on Instagram that feature advice from an employer or career-related expert. Hosted by the Academic and Career Services Dept., these live sessions take place every other Thursday at 11:00 am on UWinnipeg Instagram. Upcoming speakers:
- Oct. 27 at 11:00 am with Dan Henrickson from Independent First Nation Alliance
- Nov. 10 at 11:00 am with Alisha Nickel from envision
- Nov. 24 at 11:00 am with Mekala Wickramasinghe from Graduate Studies at The University of Winnipeg
Need a Spot to Store your Stuff? Rent a Locker!
Locker rentals have resumed on campus, with options available in various locations. For more information and an online form, please see: Locker Rental | Accepted Students | The University of Winnipeg (uwinnipeg.ca).
Apply for February Graduation
Finishing your last courses in December? Interested in graduating in February? The final date to apply to graduate in February (in absentia) is Nov. 1. To apply for graduation, go to the “Student Planning/Registration” link on WebAdvisor. Click on the “Graduation” tab and complete the form.
International Cultural Day
Join us for International Cultural Day on Nov. 3 from 4:30-8:30 pm at the Bulman Center. Organized by International, Immigrant and Refugee Services (IIRSS), the annual event features cultural performances and ethnic foods.
Ask an Advisor
Academic & Career Services hosts a live take-over of the @UWinnipeg Instagram account every second Thursday from 11:00-11:15 am CDT.
At each session a guest from the UWinnipeg community talks about a timely topic, event, or service offered at the University. Students can use the chat feature to ask questions in real time.
- Education After-Degree Program – November 3
- Thrive Week/Counselling Services – November 17
- Can’t make it? No problem! The session is also viewable afterwards on IGTV.
Manitoba Student Aid
The application is still open! Undergraduate and graduate students can apply for Fall 2022 term funding until Nov. 6.
The 2022-23 Work-Study student application is currently open. Apply now to have the best choice of positions. Final deadline is Dec. 5.
More info here: www.uwinnipeg.ca/awards/work-study-program.html.
Use the myVisit App
Need some help from staff in Student Central and/or Academic & Career Services? Download the myVisit app today. The myVisit app enables students to add themselves to a virtual line for drop-in Zoom sessions at Student Central. The app can also be used to book appointments for a Zoom or in-person meeting with a student central staff member or an academic or career advisor. Appointments with advisors can also be booked through the website: www.myvisit.com.
Published in Volume 77, Number 06 of The Uniter (October 20, 2022)