Fall Reading Week
The University of Winnipeg’s annual Fall Term Reading Week will take place from Oct. 9-15. No classes, except for Education students taking 4000-level certification courses who are required to attend class and practicum during this period. Please consult your course outline for more information. The University will be closed for Thanksgiving Day on Oct. 10.
Career Chats on Instagram
Drop in for Career Chats - live sessions on Instagram that feature advice from an employer or other career-related expert. Hosted by the Academic and Career Services Dept., these live sessions take place every other Thursday at 11:00 am on UWinnipeg Instagram. Upcoming speakers:
- Oct 13 at 11:00 am with Ali Raza from UWinnipeg’s International, Immigrant and Refugee Student Services (IIRSS)
- Oct 27 at 11:00 am guest TBD
- Nov 10 at 11:00 am with Alisha Nickel from enVision
Webinar Wednesdays is back this fall with valuable strategies and tips to help you succeed at UWinnipeg.
Student Services staff cover a wide variety of topics – see below – in weekly lunch-hour sessions (12:30 to 1:00 pm). And this year you get to choose whether to attend the sessions via Zoom or in-person!
Topics/Dates for Webinar Wednesdays - Fall Term 2022:
- The Work-Study Program – Oct. 19
- How to Choose and Declare (or Change) Your Major – Oct. 26
- Travel the World: Undergraduate Exchange Opportunities – Nov. 2
- To Drop or Not to Drop – Nov. 9
- Enhance your Resume - Become a Volunteer Note-taker with Accessibility Services – Nov. 16
- Finding a Balance: Using “Wise Mind” to Help You Thrive – Nov.23
- Expand Your Career Potential with a Master’s Degree – Nov. 30
- Preparing for Winter Term – Dec. 7
Find out more and sign up here: www.uwinnipeg.ca/student-services/webinar-wednesdays.html
Are you a UWinnipeg student who wants to study abroad and explore the world? Studying in another country offers students the unique opportunity to attend a university for one or two terms in another part of the world, while retaining UWinnipeg student status. Find out more at an info session:
- In-person info session Oct. 19, 12:30 to 1:20, in Room 2M70, or
- Zoom info session Oct. 26, 12:30- 1:20 pm (contact Natalie Brennan for the Zoom link)
For more info: www.uwinnipeg.ca/ study-abroad/informationsessions.html
Need a Spot to Store your Stuff? Rent a Locker!
Locker rentals have resumed on campus, with options available in various locations. Find details and cost, along with an online form, here: www.uwinnipeg.ca/accepted-students/getting-ready/locker-rental.html
Apply for February Graduation
Finishing your last courses in December? Interested in graduating in February? The final date to apply to graduate in February (in absentia) is Nov. 1.
To apply for graduation, go to the “Student Planning/Registration” link on WebAdvisor. Click on the “Graduation” tab and complete the form.
Use the myVisit App
Need some help from staff in Student Central and/or Academic & Career Services? Download the myVisit app today. The myVisit app enables students to add themselves to a virtual line for drop-in Zoom sessions at Student Central. The app can also be used to book appointments for a Zoom or in-person meeting with a student central staff member or an academic or career advisor. Appointments with advisors can also be booked through the website: www.myvisit.com.
Published in Volume 77, Number 05 of The Uniter (October 6, 2022)