Fall/Winter Term Courses – Final Withdrawal Date
The final day to withdraw from a Fall/ Winter Term (U2021FW) class is Feb. 16. No refund is applicable. Courses are dropped through WebAdvisor using the “Student Planning/Registration” link.
Student Services staff share some valuable strategies and tips to help you succeed at UWinnipeg. Upcoming dates/topics for these Zoom webinars include:
- March 2 - Preparing for Spring Term Registration
- March 9 - Developing your own Personal Brand: Part 1 “What makes me Unique?”
- March 16 - Developing your own Personal Brand: Part 2 “How to Brag about Yourself”
- March 23 - Applying for Loans and Bursaries
- March 30 - Planning for Spring Term
All sessions are from 12:30 to 1:00 pm via Zoom. For more information and to register online, please go to uwinnipeg.ca/student-services/webinar-wednesdays.html
Winter Term Reading Week is Feb. 20 – 26. No classes all week. The University will be closed on Louis Riel Day, Feb. 21.
Student ID Cards
New students for Winter Term and others who need an ID card: The next deadline for ordering your card is coming up on March 2 (for pick up March 4). For instructions, please go to: uwinnipeg.ca/accepted-students/getting-ready/student-id-cards.html
UWinnipeg Award Applications Now Open
For current students:
- UWSA Student Conference/Travel Fund Award - Online application deadline March 15. https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/awards/apply-forawards/index.html
For new students:
- 2022-23 Entrance Awards - Online application deadline March 1. https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/awards/apply-for-awards/index.html
2022-23 President’s Scholarship for World Leaders – web application form now open; deadlines vary by term start and program of entry (PACE, ELP, Collegiate, Undergraduate, Graduate Studies). https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/awards/awards-bursaries-and-scholarships/international-students.html
Winter Term Courses – Final Withdrawal Date
The final day to withdraw from a Winter Term class is March 16. No refund is applicable. Courses are dropped through WebAdvisor using the “Student Planning/Registration” link.
End of Winter Term
April 6 is the last day of Winter Term 2022, except for courses that had a class on the first three days of term, which were cancelled due to concern about the surging Omicron variant:
- class cancelled Thursday, Jan. 6 --> make-up class is Thursday, April 7
- class cancelled Friday, Jan. 7 --> makeup class is Friday, April 8
- class cancelled Saturday, Jan. 8 --> make-up class is Saturday, April 9
Student Services Continues Remote Service
Departments in Student Services are continuing to offer their services remotely. No appointments for in-person meetings are available. Please see this webpage for details about each department: uwinnipeg.ca/student-services/
Use the myVisit App
Need some help from staff in Student Central and/or Academic & Career Services? Download the myVisit app today. The myVisit app enables students to add themselves to a virtual line for drop-in Zoom sessions at Student Central. The app can also be used to book appointments for a Zoom meeting with an academic or career advisor. Appointments with advisors can also be booked through the website: www.myvisit.com.
Klinic Health Services
Klinic on campus is once again available to provide virtual appointments to the University community. For more information, please visit: uwinnipeg.ca/student-wellness/health-services.html
Published in Volume 76, Number 18 of The Uniter (February 17, 2022)