The Manitoba Museum is hosting a public family sleepover this weekend.
From 1 to 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the Legal Help Centre (LHC) runs a drop-in clinic for those who need legal assistance but can’t afford a lawyer.
Guided snowshoe club // Wesmen basketball home games // First Nations land management lecture // Fitness programs for UW students and staff // Naloxone training and karaoke
Winnipeg’s comedy scene was marked by profound change in 2018. Long-standing open mic nights ended, and festivals were shelved. Simultaneously, existing rooms have taken off, new venues have arrived, and many old staples are still going strong.
If you follow European music, you may already be familiar with Stand High Patrol.
“Humans now change the Earth’s systems more than all natural forces combined."
Skate under Bokeh // Learn to edit video // High-Brow Comedy // The last 99 Pieces of Art on the Wall // Launching Drag in the Peg
“Sparkle and shine. That’s what I love. That’s the theme of my life.”
By now, it might be starting to sink in that it really is January. It really is a new year. And we really are back to whatever routines that entails … kind of.
Emerging artists have the odds stacked against them, but that hasn’t stopped a surge of initiatives by and for new Winnipeg artists from being created in recent years.
1. Andrew Harris (Winnipeg Blue Bombers)
2. Patrik Laine (Winnipeg Jets)
3. Desiree Scott (Utah Royals FC, Canadian national team)
2. Staying inside
3. Festival du Voyageur
1. Go for a walk
2. Eat food together
3. TIE: Drink booze / See a movie
1. Tony Chestnut (539 Osborne St.)
2. Little Sister (539 Osborne St.)
3. Grey Owl Coffee & Pub (272 Main St.)
1. Clementine (123 Princess st.)
2. Chaeban (390 Osborne St.)
3. Little Goat (2615 Portage Ave.)
1. Cora Wiens (Eadha Bread)
2. Amanda Kinden (Oh Doughnuts)
3. Suzanne Gessler (The Pennyloaf Bakery)
1. Ana Damaskin (capital broadway)
2. Mandel Hitzer (deer + almond)
3. Honourable mentions: Ben Kramer, Chris Gama, Grant Danyluk
1. The Forks
2. Old Market Square
3. Portage and Main
1. Lo Pub
2. Village Cafe
3. The Royal Albert Arms
1. Ed Ackerman
2. Wab Kinew
Honorable mentions: Brian Bowman, Nahanni Fontaine, Robert Falcon-Ouellette, Kate Sjoberg
Favourite Local Achiever Over 60
1. Ed Ackerman
2. Sel Burrows
3. Fred Penner