“Do you even lift, bro?”
Baseball Hero is a relatively new band to Winnipeg, but their laid-back, honest approach to songwriting has brought them quickly into the spotlight.
Mister K a.k.a Kevin Roy is looking to the past to bring something new to pop music.
Coming of age provides a deep well of emotion from which to draw artistic inspiration. According to Dinner Club, their hard-hitting, driven punk songs feature a touch of it all.
House Handshake is a band that believes in togetherness. Most of them share a home as well as a musical journey.
Bassist Alex Braun and guitarist Nick Lavich played in a band together in high school. That band was called Cataract.
Welcome to this year’s Uniter Fiver!
Darla Contois’ passion for theatre was first sparked by a production of award-winning Métis playwright Ian Ross’ Baloney! when it visited her high school.
Humans primally express themselves with sound. Where there is joy, there is a joyful noise. Where there is pain, there is wailing.
The Historical Building and Resources Committee (HBRC) met for the first time on July 19, 2014, providing municipal support for heritage sites in the city that had previously been given status and support through the provincial government, or through groups like the Manitoba Historical Society and Heritage Winnipeg.
“We recognize the impacts of patriarchy on preventing women, trans and gender-nonconforming folks from accessing masculine-coded skills. We think it is important to have spaces that are safe, free of judgment and encourage community building.”
Emerging artists have the odds stacked against them, but that hasn’t stopped a surge of initiatives by and for new Winnipeg artists from being created in recent years.
1. Andrew Harris (Winnipeg Blue Bombers)
2. Patrik Laine (Winnipeg Jets)
3. Desiree Scott (Utah Royals FC, Canadian national team)
2. Staying inside
3. Festival du Voyageur
1. Go for a walk
2. Eat food together
3. TIE: Drink booze / See a movie
1. Tony Chestnut (539 Osborne St.)
2. Little Sister (539 Osborne St.)
3. Grey Owl Coffee & Pub (272 Main St.)
1. Clementine (123 Princess st.)
2. Chaeban (390 Osborne St.)
3. Little Goat (2615 Portage Ave.)
1. Cora Wiens (Eadha Bread)
2. Amanda Kinden (Oh Doughnuts)
3. Suzanne Gessler (The Pennyloaf Bakery)
1. Ana Damaskin (capital broadway)
2. Mandel Hitzer (deer + almond)
3. Honourable mentions: Ben Kramer, Chris Gama, Grant Danyluk
1. The Forks
2. Old Market Square
3. Portage and Main