- Date: Sunday, May 7, 2017
- Time: 1:00pm
- Admission: $50.00
Council of Women of Winnipeg (CWW) will present Annual Tea Fundraiser, taking place at Dalnavert Museum at 61 Carlton Street on Sunday May 7, 2017 at 1:00pm, and featuring Senator the Honourable Marilou McPhedran and Ms Judy Wasylycia-Leis.
CWW is proud to bring Annual Tea Fundraiser to Dalnavert Museum for 2nd year in a row. This year’s theme will be “Pink Tea Politics”. Historically gatherings known as “Pink Teas” were an essential forum for women to organize and strategize about the pursuit of women’s rights.
Tickets are $50.00 and available by contacting Kelly-Ann Stevenson by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 204-997-9632.
We hope you will join us for a wonderful afternoon of celebration, delicious traditional high tea food, silent auction and a tour of Dalnavert Museum.
- Senator the Honourable Marilou McPhedran was born and raised in rural Manitoba, Canada, called to the Bar of Ontario, named a Member of the Order of Canada (1985) in recognition of her co-leadership in the successful campaign for stronger gender equality protections in the Canadian constitution and appointed to the Senate of Canada by Prime Minister Justin Trudeau in 2016.
- Judy Wasylycia-Leis is a Canadian politician. She was a Manitoba cabinet minister from 1986 to 1988, and was a member of the Canadian House of Commons from September 22, 1997 to April 30, 2010. In 2010 and 2014 she ran as a candidate for Mayor of Winnipeg.
- Dalnavert is a museum in Winnipeg, Manitoba. It is located in the restored home of Sir Hugh John Macdonald, former Premier of Manitoba and son of Sir John A. Macdonald.
- Council of Winnipeg of Women Inc. The Council is a nonpartisan, non-sectarian network of organizations and individuals of diverse interests networking to pursue work of common interest where the stability of the family and the welfare of the community are concerned.